View Single Post
Old 02-20-2020, 10:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Mike_O_Nite
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Sport
Mike_O_Nite is on a distinguished road

Hey Will,

There are many options out there, depending on how much you care about rear luggage area (or lack of), budget, etc.

I’ve been through a few iterations of bass (around 8, holy crap, I did the count and it just hit me, lol!). In version 4.0, I dabbled in a Kicker prefab’d box with a 10” L7S...I was only feeding it 500 watts RMS, but it wanted around 750, so I didn’t hear its full potential. It definitely was nice (great bass), but I wanted for more rear space, so I went with a few more versions before landing on the JL Stealthbox...still feeding it 500, but will be upgrading to 1000 watts RMS soon and that should really wake up 2 10s!

If you’re willing to try a different brand, the JL W7 is a beast!! In version 7.0, I was running an 8 inch W7 that hit as good as and maybe better than any of the subs I had used. They go up to 13”, but I think a 10 or 12 would be bad arse (plus, I’m not sure there’s enough room in our hatches for that sub). If I didn’t care about getting groceries or the occasional weekend trip, I would have kept running that W7...so small, but so much power...I can only imagine their bigger W7s!

I’m sure there are a few audio experts that can chime in here. I’m by no means an expert, but I do like my music and love me some bass (more on the tighter, somewhat accurate side, but the occasional boom is always nice!).

You seem pretty confident in the installs, so I’m sure your system will be epic!
Mike_O_Nite is offline   Reply With Quote