View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 07:35 PM   #492 (permalink)
Ventruck
Track Member

Drives: '13 Sport+Touring M6
Ventruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond reputeVentruck has a reputation beyond repute

Skimming the MKV forums, sounds like there's an update to a 6-port (vs 2) exhaust manifold and the cylinder head is revised to accept it, but supposedly this has existed on other B58 engines already.

Believe C&D is the same outlet that dyno tested the launch edition at ~335whp. Dunno if that was some press car magic. That's theoretically 380+ crank hp if we assume 15% drivetrain losses.

So basically, who knows what the real resulting figure could be, but I think the exercise of doing this+other revisions just now, in the second model year, is a bit dumb. I'd think this kind of stuff either should've come from the start, or a mid-life update.

2021 Premium trim apparently is a tad more than the 2020 Premium. $55k vs $53.9. I get that some cars do get more expensive with new model years, but I didn't think the original price was competitive enough in this market.

It doesn't add up to anything more attractive than before imo, maybe even less so because of the nature it is coming about. And that's before we speculate issues like POS VETT did.
Ventruck is offline   Reply With Quote