View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 06:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
willbutler757
Base Member

Drives: 2020 370z Black M6
willbutler757 is on a distinguished road
Question Help! Need to make bass decisions

Hey y’all!

I’m new here! I need help with a decision on my sound system. For reference on taste, I used to run a Kicker 15” L7S with a Memphis amp (cant remember the model but I believe it ran 600 watts RMS) first- in a ‘97 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, then in an ‘05 Acura RSX Type S. I loved it. Had a lady walk across a lake (about .6miles) to volleyball courts saying it was rattling her plates at dinner table. I listen to rap/hip hop/r&b as well as rock/metal and occasional country.
That was all back in 2005-2009.
I was looking at another L7 but maybe a 12” instead of the 15. I see there are tons of options though that are much cheaper. I’ve been out of the audio world for so long I have no clue whats good. I want to stay cheap, but I want that level of bass that you feel it in your chest upon breathing.
I will install everything myself. I already installed a Kenwood DDX5706S 6.2" head unit, and Kicker CSC65 6.5” coaxials in my doors (currently no speaker amp but sounds 100x better than factory).
Any door speaker amp recommendations? And what do you recommend for sub/amp setup?

Thanks for reading!

Will Butler
IG- 2020.babyzilla
willbutler757 is offline   Reply With Quote