View Single Post
Old 02-16-2020, 12:45 PM   #253 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

From IG:
Finally, my alternator came in! I will definitely say the wait is worth it. Another American product going into my Z.

Holley Premium Alternator in, only 2 bolts. Eating an elephant one bite at a time. It's a little guy compared to the OE beast.

Found a clearance issue on the passenger side exhaust manifold. Was gonna mock the some turbo plumbing but I need to tap in some skill on that. Moved back to the accessories and figured out a tensioning.

-----------

I need to find a counter sunk M10 bolt to go into the alt bracket. I think I can find something off of Amazon, I'll grab a few different lengths. That will really complete the accessories. It's surprising how big of a b1tch the accessories have been.

There's a clearance issue with the RIFE combo sensor (top left of the water manifold). Motion Raceworks is going to get another order from me. They have a bracket for a fuel pressure regulator that comes with two button bolts. The bracket will be square in the middle of the valley pan just above the steam vent and will allow for left and right AN feeds from my fuel rails. The return line will be nice and clean too.
Motion Raceworks LS Timing Cover Fuel Regulator Bracket (Aeromotive Small EFI Regulator)

Crank case pressure will be an issue so I have to have breathers hooked into a catch can. Holly didn't have an option with a bung when I ordered my valve covers so I need to put some in. Again, Motion Raceworks has a solution I like... Billet valve covers in black can be mounted near the back of the valve covers so I can run minimal hose and look killer. Tad on the pricey side but they nice baffles and I can use AN fittings for different size hoses. I'll probably run -10.
Motion Raceworks Billet Valve Cover Breathers Black Anodized (Pair) 32-120BK.

I'll try to get videos of the turbo plumbing going together, short clips. My buddy Dave and Nick think that the turbo plumbing is going to be cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAyk4vmX4ew

Last edited by gbrettin; 02-16-2020 at 12:58 PM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote