Thread: MAF Sensors
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 09:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute
Default MAF Sensors

My car randomly goes into limp mode when starting her up (I’ll shut her off and open the driver door and this always takes out of limp mode) and I get the MAF sensor code on the obd 2 scanner.

I was able to get around cleaning both MAF sensors tonight. For the two screws per sensor, I noticed they had to be “broken” off loose (they made a snapping sound right before being able to turn them loose). When putting them back on, do they have to be tightened to a certain point? Or as long as it’s on there good, should it be okay? I’m asking because I didn’t notice any gaskets and didn’t want to experience a vacuum leak. I def. won’t be using a Philips head driver in the future, as the metal seemed soft and borderline stripped the top of the screws.