View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 05:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
God-Speed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Prototype
God-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeGod-Speed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABUNAI NISMO View Post
I did consider removing the wrap and have the headers ceramic coated. I was in a rush to get these done so I thought easiest way would be to just heat wrap. I appreciate all your comments. I have heard both pros and cons on both ways. I have watched videos of stainless steel cracking and becoming brittle from years of usage and all while being heat wrapped. I have also heard ceramic coated headers offer little to no heat dissipation but I do believe the headers were not properly ceramic coated. So, I digress that perhaps the best way it to ceramic coat then heat wrap. I have decided to not go a rush or cheaper way by all of your comments. So, I shall remove the wrap and contact local automotive shops specializing in ceramic coating. Thank you
Abunai, your build is coming along nicely, the last thing you want to do is "Rush" things. Take your time!! You will thank yourself for this in the long run. Look forward to seeing and hearing about the end results. Keep it going!
God-Speed is offline   Reply With Quote