View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 08:19 AM   #2411 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Great ideas, but I don't have the skill set to take down the trees without destroying either garage, house, or both. The trees are on an angled hill behind my house. The pines are about 75-90 feet in height, the ash close to the same, to say nothing of the diameter of the ash. After watching the guys yesterday go about it, I think I could emulate their efforts with some practice, but I don't have a team of people waiting at the bottom with ropes to make sure the tree falls correctly.

Knowing your limitations is important. I write good quality documentation, and drive good policy and procedures; I'm a halfway decent carpenter and general contractor; I can turn the occasional wrench; I'll probably kill myself cutting down a tree.
YOLO. That is all.