Thread: CoronaVirus
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 07:49 AM   #39 (permalink)
ZontheRocks
Track Member

Drives: 2016 Nissan PW 370Z
ZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond reputeZontheRocks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
I'm a US-born Korean, and unfortunately, people classify me as "Chinese" simply because I'm Asian, and thus assume that I am infected. While I understand there is a mass panic created by the media and while I understand people don't want to get sick, the amount of looks I get wherever I go is astonishing, almost as if they have never seen an Asian person before. Sure, it has its perks (for example, when I go grocery shopping, people always move out of my way, and if not, I will purposely cough and that usually does the trick), and racism is nothing new to me, as I've experienced it since childhood even though I'm an American, but after this whole Wuhan virus outbreak, I'm viewed as an outsider. Not looking for pity, but I wish people would understand that not all Asian people are Chinese.

China got me fcuked up lol.
That sucks. Fcuk racism!

I am a full-blooded American via Puerto Rico (3rd generation too) that has a slightly darker complexion, and used to get called Indian or Hindu while growing up. Once 9/11 happened, it all turned into straight Arab 'jokes' and insults like Camel Jockey and Sand N*****.

Just a grandparent ago (75 yrs), the President of the US decided to round up all Japanese-Americans (mostly 2nd and 3rd generation) because a country across the globe declared war.

The capacity of humans to be so compassionate, yet also have to ability to be so incredibly cruel is truly a baffling thing.