View Single Post
Old 02-10-2020, 07:17 PM   #254 (permalink)
AlWakRa
Track Member

Drives: 10 370Z PW 6MT
AlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond reputeAlWakRa has a reputation beyond repute

After two years of hard use with OS Giken HTR2CD, decided it is time to go back to single plate clutch, ordered Zspeed Stage 3 with CMAK upgrade to v2.

OS experience was fantastic in track, good in street until you reach a traffic jam, it heats and starts to be an on off engagement, I wouldn't blame the kit as I got the second most aggressive model in their lineup recently, the gear changes started to be hard, the feel is more like the clutch isn't disengaging quickly, and 5th grinds unless I go very very slowly in it. So, it is a great time to get the transmission down for inspection on syncros and change the clutch. Also, I plan to use the car in street more often, I choose a little aggressive kit, but it should be a lot better than OS in street and holds track abuse.

Waiting for it, it should shows up within two weeks.

After that I plan on doing some adjustment for autox, like getting my sway bars back on the car, changing my sur4g to r1s and getting the car lower (it should go pretty low with 285/30/18) with more aggressive alignment as my current one isn't aggressive

Did one Autocross event with the Z, unfortunately didn't get my fastest run recorded, this was an experiment to use 1st gear in the narrow layout, which was slower than my fastest by more than a second.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCoCXTKB9AI

Also, participated in another race with my rsx, only mod was to change the exhaust and manifold, which didn't get the check engine off for secondary O2 sensor, and I get rear bushes installed and new bolts for camber and toe. Had a better alignment Front -3 camber 0.08 toe out (3 caster which isn't adjustable) Rear -1.8 camber 0 toe. It rotates better now but still understeers, but this time felt the lack of power, so kpro4 is on top of my list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_XOjTdiTUc

I have my plans set for now, I will get my boltons completed, which I already mentioned before, IM, CAI, 70mm TB, and tune. For suspension, I will try to get new front top mounts to increase caster, I may reduce rear camber a little, also, I may get a strut braces for rear side, which should help the car to rotate better.
AlWakRa is offline   Reply With Quote