View Single Post
Old 02-09-2020, 05:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
alanyluan
Base Member

Drives: 14 Nissan 370z
alanyluan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDog View Post
I put the Z1 2 piece rotors, stillen brake ducts and some Hawk HP plus pads and Motul fluid in and absolutely beat on my brakes at the track. those Z1 rotors make a BIG difference. if you are going to get serious about hitting the track you really need to get your brakes sorted. The problem with brake management is that you really don't know how close to fade/fail you re getting. over engineer your brakes for bullet proof track performance and you will not regret it.

you probably need to run two sets of pads, Street and track. Hawk street pads are good all around for the road, but maybe consider DTC 60s or 70s for your track day pads (swapping is an easy maybe 20 minute job). Do not run track pads around town, youll rear end somebody because race pads only really work when up to temp and are super hard on rotors when cold.

I usually just swap in track pads when I'm throwing on my track wheels (R888Rs currently)

I really think its worth investing in a pretty comprehensive brake upgrade and probably some track wheels (saves you money in the long run), if your going to spend any real time at the track.

have fun!!!!
Awesome, just the input I was looking for! The Z is going to be my track only car from here on out. I've done plenty of autocross in other cars and did my first track day in the z last summer and loved it. Was looking at various BBK but I think for my purposes, the Z1 rotors and Akebono calipers will be sufficient. I'm sure there's peace of mind (and tons of $$) when it comes to stoptechs, brembo, AP Racing, but are those overkill for a 5+ track days per year for the foreseeable future?
alanyluan is offline   Reply With Quote