View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 08:58 PM   #16 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
Yep sounds like limp mode to me. My manual Z did it when I first got it and was still getting a feel for the transmission. I stalled it out at a red light and then real quickly tried to start it right back up. It started but was in limp mode until I parked it and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
My car sometimes does this where it feels really sluggish (due to dirty MAF sensors per the obd II scanner). You don't have to wait 10 minutes, but rather, turn the car off, open the driver-side door, and the start back up.

That or just clear the codes with the scanner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZT View Post
Update 2020:

I expect to be made fun of, but I had it happen again, and this time an SES light came with it. Turns out I didn’t tighten my gas cap enough ��. Just in case anyone else has this issue.
Really? Not being a smart@$$, but the gas cap doesn't take much before it's tightened. My gas cap barely turns 25 degrees before getting the tight click.