View Single Post
Old 02-08-2020, 12:37 AM   #168 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
On the PS fluid. Do not fill the reservoir to the full line. Keep the fluid at the add line or a little below. When the fluid gets hot. It has to expand. The expanded fluid is forced out of the cap. That's what youe are seeing. You're not really boiling the fluid. It has to get over 600F. The ideal temp is between 175F to 200F. Once over 220F, it starts to break down.
Fair enough. I can't say I've seen a rolling boil in the reservoir. So you're probably right. Definitely hitting breakdown temps though. Is that 220F temp threshold just for stock fluid or even the Redline stuff?

Quote:
I'm using the Redline steering fluid, plus the Z1 steering cooler, and keep my level at the add mark. Never had any fluid come out of the cap so far.
Mine spits with the Redline fluid. But it's stock PS cooler.

Quote:
Next time you see it. Take a temp gun to it.
I've seen as high as 260F Didn't realize at the time that was as excessive as it seems to be now

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote