View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 03:54 PM   #159 (permalink)
abm89
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370Z | 24 EL450
abm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond reputeabm89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
On the PS fluid. Do not fill the reservoir to the full line. Keep the fluid at the add line or a little below. When the fluid gets hot. It has to expand. The expanded fluid is forced out of the cap. That's what youe are seeing. You're not really boiling the fluid. It has to get over 600F. The ideal temp is between 175F to 200F. Once over 220F, it starts to break down.
I believe there's a cold fill line. I was able to keep it in check when i did my first flush. (edit): i'm also using the redline ATF and the stock cooler and haven't had any issues. However, I think my driving style doesn't put a ton of stress on the pump; I know some others have had issues with overheating. It's safe to just upgrade the cooler anyway.

On the PCV system discussion, I ran my catch cans and now im running a can-atmosphere setup (basically the cans are venting to atmosphere, but the system is "close-looped". other than the smell, I don't have any issues so far. I might go back to the closed setup simply because the smell gets annoying, but for functionality, it's good.

Last edited by abm89; 02-07-2020 at 07:00 PM.
abm89 is online now   Reply With Quote