View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 10:15 AM   #1618 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
Yes those. If you re-loom the new loom won't fit in the OEM gasket/sleeve/elephant trunk/old man corrugated schlong/whatevers without half a roll of e-tape scrunching the aforementioned 'whatever' onto the loom. I cut my OEM off @ the 'whatever' and it wasn't terrible. Totally new 'whatever'-ing could definitely work.

I have an album up with pics of the starter wire relocate.

Relocating the alternator cable aka getting rid of the OEM plastic sheath is also... interesting.

Furthermore. Getting rid of all that mess leaves unsightly holes on the top of the block/timing cover. Have been considering some sort of shaped aluminum cover/heatsink for that area, let me know what you think.

Yeah, I may try to redo the 'whatever'. I've checked out your album pics

Thinking about using some of my leftover dress up kit bolts for the exposed holes. I already have some extras and I'm going to be abandoning more of them due to the wire tuck. I'll take some photos and let you see how it looks.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |