View Single Post
Old 02-05-2020, 01:39 AM   #1594 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JARblue View Post
Only in the mouth

Thought about a bucket; just didn't haven't one available I was willing to put used coolant in.

I have a number of grounding wires that I plan to relocate.

Like the grommets by the LH/RH coilover perch? What kind of sealant issues? I was hoping to run the new loom on those at least partially into the battery/brake compartment. Wonder if some high temp fabric gasket I have would work.
Yes those. If you re-loom the new loom won't fit in the OEM gasket/sleeve/elephant trunk/old man corrugated schlong/whatevers without half a roll of e-tape scrunching the aforementioned 'whatever' onto the loom. I cut my OEM off @ the 'whatever' and it wasn't terrible. Totally new 'whatever'-ing could definitely work.

I have an album up with pics of the starter wire relocate.

Relocating the alternator cable aka getting rid of the OEM plastic sheath is also... interesting.

Furthermore. Getting rid of all that mess leaves unsightly holes on the top of the block/timing cover. Have been considering some sort of shaped aluminum cover/heatsink for that area, let me know what you think.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk