View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 09:08 PM   #36 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

The adapter plate I am making is specifically for the DCT transmission variant from the inline 6 turbo engines. F80 M4 and alike. If it came from an inline 6, and its a DCT, all information that I have says that it is compatible with this project. This is not for any of the V8 versions. In the future, I may decide to add the V8 versions to the adapter. But I will have little reason to, and probably wont unless it becomes necessary for availability.

Nobody should buy a trans yet until we have our test cars running and driving. That is unless you are willing to risk having to just flip it on ebay again if we are unable to perfect the conversion. There is a piece of me that wonders if they are worth buying as an investment, just to sell them when the value goes up later. I wouldnt be surprised if the street price goes up to 4000 for a clean example in the next year or two. For reference I paid $1750 (picked up local) for mine with under 2000 miles on it.

Last edited by phunk; 02-04-2020 at 09:14 PM.
phunk is offline   Reply With Quote