View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 08:51 PM   #35 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
We are small peanuts in this scene. Whats going to effect the pricing on them is the fact that there are already adapter kits available for 2JZ, LS, Coyote, Miata, K series, I think F series is being worked on, and I saw some guys working on rotaries. Once these swaps become more "discovered" in the US, I predict that its going to be a bread and butter surgery across many platforms. I think that a conversion like this is going to become essential to keep the tuner car performance relevant for another decade, if it hasnt already. For those of you who have not already experienced what this type of transmission does for a car, I am excited for you. It is unimaginable how much fun it is, and how much consistently quicker the car becomes. This is huge performance being left on the table that no amount of HP gain can collect. I believe that with this transmission conversion, we will be able to see a 370z run a 9 second 1/4 mile with less than 700whp, and maybe even on 18" wheels.
So my Tunerexic translator tool reads this as : We better get to steppin because the price is gonna go up most expeditiously.
This would explain why I found some trans variants at under 1k.
Which one exactly should I be looking for? The ones I saw were BMW F80 F82 F83 M3 M4 S55 DCT 7-SPEED DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION. Am I on the right track?

And Phunk I'm gonna need you to talk to my son about the benefits of community college over 6MT.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote