View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 07:11 PM   #20 (permalink)
GeauxTigers1
Track Member

Drives: 2017 370Z Nismo
GeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond reputeGeauxTigers1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I wouldn't do a GTR manifold conversion. The runners are too long and will cause issues in the midrange.
Yea as Bob (hotrodz) mentioned, if it aint broke, don't fix it. lol. I was trying to fix BEFORE it broke but it sounds like many are having great look with the OEM manifold. Really appreciate the feedback all that the stock manifold can hang

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
Never heard of a stock manifold failure. Im sure it will eventually let go if you keep increasing boost pressure.

Your signature says youre running 800ftlb torque.. that is approaching (if not well-in) the danger-zone for VQ headgaskets. You could be an exception. But if you are looking to stay on the safe side of things, I wouldnt be worried about your intake manifold I would be worried about your headgaskets.
Wouldn't the closed deck and the Cosworth upgraded Head Gasket help with that?
Fast Intentions Kit Stage 2 #076 2017 Twin Turbo 370z Nismo. JMS Built Block, Closed Deck 874whp, 803lbs Tq e85 Ecutek Tune
GeauxTigers1 is offline   Reply With Quote