View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 10:50 AM   #1529 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyZ View Post
These tags indicate you're used to getting splattered with fluids
Only in the mouth

Quote:
Gotta use a 5 gallon bucket. If you have the OEM oil "cooler" you'll need to pull those hoses to get good angles for removing the oil pan.
Thought about a bucket; just didn't haven't one available I was willing to put used coolant in.

Quote:
For the loom/tuck. You can run the starter wire around the upper back of the motor, in front of the cowling. The two grounding wires you can attach to lower mount holes on the block and hook up to the chassis wherever.

I reloomed all wiring outside of the cowling. Where the wires pass through the grommets in the battery/brake fluid cubbies, keep the stock loom up until a little past the grommet. Otherwise you'll have sealant issues.
I have a number of grounding wires that I plan to relocate.

Like the grommets by the LH/RH coilover perch? What kind of sealant issues? I was hoping to run the new loom on those at least partially into the battery/brake compartment. Wonder if some high temp fabric gasket I have would work.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |