View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 06:18 PM   #4463 (permalink)
TheFLiP
Base Member

Drives: 12 370zSport BLK M6
TheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond reputeTheFLiP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Track day

Took the Z to the track to get a baseline before she goes into the shop next month for the supercharger build. Something odd did happen. Showed up to the track at half tank plus one dot. The gas station across the highway where I planned to top off stopped selling premium.

So, I ran it with what I had but since I just wanted a baseline and I didn’t want to burn through these set of tires, I was only going to run maybe a dozen laps or so, spread out into the next few hours since I have to alternate with my friends who had motorcycles.

At the same point of the track, the engine would sputter and die at WOT to accelerate out of the turn. Almost every single time, unless I let off the gas and basically coast through that section or feather the throttle at around 4K through this section.

I first suspected it was the yaw sensor which, stepped in a few times through out the day. I did look at the tachometer and saw that I was only at around 6.5k rpm when it cut off until eventually turning off. I wait a few seconds, start it again and it’s fine for the rest of the lap. Until next lap, when I get to the same area.

The section between the two blue lines

It’s not the engine/oil temp. I wasn’t running her hard enough and the hottest I got that day was just around 240 deg F. I thought it was yaw sensor but I was kinda going straight if not an ever so shallow turn trying to go WOT.

Fuel starvation at half tank or less from the constant right turn with some small dips?
TheFLiP is offline   Reply With Quote