View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
gryghst
Base Member

Drives: '16 Nismo
gryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond reputegryghst has a reputation beyond repute

See update in original post, when in dought do more research.

The answer is..... wrong bungee kit, the main / long bungees are to long by about 4 inches. The short bungees are correct. After starting the replacement on the driver side I had to re-attach the long bungee and use the new small one. I had enough strap left at the top of the old long bungee to punch a hole in it and reuse it as I would install new one. With just a new short bungee on the driver side the top no longer snaps shut, Still, what a pain in the arse.

I guess I will complete the install of the short bungee on the passenger side to balance things out. No need to even remove the old large bungee, just remove the top bolt, cut the short bungee strings, screw in the top of the new short bungee, punch the hole for the rivet in the strap where the old short bungee passed through, and install the rivet.

I'm also looking into ways to shorten the new large bungees, any ideas for a crimping tool that would hold the two cords together, currently the ends pass by each other and slip into a metal tube about 3/8 inches long. It is crimped down the middle with a cord in each side.

Last edited by gryghst; 02-01-2020 at 07:32 PM.
gryghst is offline   Reply With Quote