View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 12:21 AM   #22 (permalink)
madwi
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Granma red Z
madwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond reputemadwi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharad909 View Post
Hey guys, so I experienced my extreme fuel starvation an hour ago. Did a right sweeper and car died on me, tried to start it and nothing. Then jumped into the forum while I let the car relax on the side of the road, and saw Phunks comment on filling a gallon of gas to get the system running. It worked wonders (Thank you Phunk!). So what should my next step be? Replace for a OEM pump? I was at half tank when this happened. And had some starvation from tiny hard right turns too (3/4 tank).
Oem pump is fine, its that the gas gets sloshed to the left side of the tank and then the pump isnt picking up fuel so it starves the motor. The goal is to get fuel to the pump while doing right hand sweepers. Phunks RRP and the Holley hydro mat seem to be the two most used choices.
madwi is offline   Reply With Quote