View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 09:45 PM   #484 (permalink)
POS VETT
Track Member

Drives: Z34|C4LT4|C6Z06|V25
POS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
Stupid question but with some of the problems - is this something that a certified BMW tech could look at? Or is it a situation where Toyota did enough changes to things that they need their guy to look at yet Toyota didn’t build the car so it is taking more time to figure out the issues that seem to pop up?
I was told that there was some kind of limitation for either brand to work on the other's car. Apparently not hardware, so likely it's built into software/firmware somehow.

It is unclear to me how much/deep Toyota intervention is in the aspect of the electronic architecture. My guess it's very little judging from the fact that their own people (FTS engineers) were unable to solve the problems.
POS VETT is offline   Reply With Quote