View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 04:34 PM   #439 (permalink)
Spoiler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21 Supra -Blk/Red
Spoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond reputeSpoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by old guy View Post
Nice ! 10 ft. ?
12’. I had a line on a nearly new 14’, but it was 2” narrower which would be slightly less stable. This new 2020 model 12’ is already 1.75” narrower than the 12’ that I sold prior to moving here.

The longer a boat is the faster it will go due to a narrower angle of entry if you can eliminate the “oil canning effect” from the bottom. But longer is usually narrower and eventually you realize that you cannot sit on a toothpick without tipping

A shorter boat is more flickable and can turn easier. It seems like everywhere I will paddle here in FL is a narrow flat swampish river full of alligators. I think I want stability here instead of forward speed.

I was a professional canoe racer for 7 years in Michigan and switched to kayaks when I moved to NC. I had 5 kayaks last year that I sold prior to the move to the promised land down here in sunny FL. I had planned on buying this boat last fall but the sore throat festivities made me hold back awhile...

Last edited by Spoiler; 01-27-2020 at 05:13 PM.