View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
mikeb
Base Member

Drives: 15 Sport Tech MagBlk
mikeb is on a distinguished road
Default Hands on with the Continental ExtremeContact Sport

Just replaced an aged set of reo50s with the Conti ECS. I also bump up to the Nismo wheel sizes with some BC forged wheels. Lets began

- comfort: A The reo50 were pretty rough, by design it seems. The Contis ride is definitely max performance firm, but refined and rather "calm" compared to the Bridgestones. Its feels like a good compromise for the street with no noticable flex at slightly over legal

- handling: A The tires handle road imperfections much better then the reo50, tramlining practically zero. The reo50 had razor-sharp steering, however the conti seems to suit the Z better. Steering just as precise but you can feel the grip more, if that make any sense. This "grip" feeling can almost feel like less precision in the hand, but I like the feeling better. The reo50 sharp steering was a bit nervous, the conti is more planted yet changes directions quickly. Note the increase tire width would also be a factor

- noise: B Again much better than the aged bridgestones. I don't think any max summer tire could score a A in this category but the contis are great. I have a 2015 which I think has better sound deadening, but even still the conti have a muted sound at speed, not the harsh roar I'm accustomed to. Btw Im using the term aged specifically, there was decent tread left on the Bridgestone.

I can't comment on wet handling, but again tirerack rates the tires high in this category. The ECSs are rank#2 behind the 4S but for my purposes the differences in scores did not equate to the 200+ cost differences.