View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 05:15 PM   #227 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

ATI damper on but not fully torqued. The balancer will come off and be keyed later when the engine is removed. Timing marks will be set properly at that time as well.

I didn't post the Power Steering pump brackets on my social media because I'm slightly
annoyed. The 417 water manifold has been a pain int he azz. The power steering bracket will need to be modified. I grinded out some of the bracket and it looks like it will clear now. I'm not sure on how all the spacers need to be installed and I was having a hell of a time finding the directions online using my phone. My power steering pump was supposed to be here yesterday and I was planning on using that today with the brackets. I hit a certain level of annoyance today and decided to throw in the towel and regroup.

I'm not going to lie, doing all this assembly the first time gets overwhelming at times. Sometimes stuff just flows together, this isn't one of those times. I could knock out the ATI damnper install in 30min now vs 3hrs of starring at it like a dumb monkey now. Experience goes a long way. Meh, what ever. new day will be here soon enough. These are my trials of being a newbie in the car realm. Everyone pays their dues some where down the line.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote