View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 08:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Girald
Base Member

Drives: 15' 370z SpTech 6MT
Girald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond reputeGirald has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jshvr View Post
I got everything except the L bracket, and bolts from harbor freight. The chain was actually a trailer safety chain. Bolts were 10.7 rated stainless, with multiple washers on each bolt. I had to get bolts long enough to be able to get a chain under the L bracket. Last but not least I put a U-bolt in the middle of the L bracket to keep the chain centered.
ill be pulling out the motor to deal with some turbo issues as well.
installers did a poor job of installing the aam tt kit, now im pulling it to address come concerns before my drivers side wastegate becomes a crumpled beer can.

problems im running into:
1: the a/c junction next to the brake reservoir doesnt want to come off..ideas?
2: the stick shift knob - how am i getting that damned thing off?
3: the bolts used for hoist - are they oem? if not what is the thread pitch?

since the ic pipes interfere with just pulling tge motor out, i was thinking of removing the front subframe cage ans sway bar then just lifting it off the mounts and sliding it forward... good or bad idea?

im guessing, if this doesnt work, ill have to drop the front subframe all together, but im trying to avoid that one.