View Single Post
Old 01-25-2020, 06:55 AM   #9 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

My research indicates that the only oil galley gasket kit worth getting is the EPS kit. The revised Nissan and Z1 kits still use crappy hardware that is prone to stripping and backing out over time

While you're in there I would consider upgrading the oil pump gears and replacing the water pump, as has been mentioned. Go ahead and replace the drive belt, too, although that's pretty easy to do and doesn't require removing the front timing cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
Doesn't exist if you didn't take pictures, document and create a DIY for us plebs lol. But in all seriousness, how difficult was it? I saw the one the was started in the DIY section but since it said he was missing sections I was hesitant to do it myself since it'll be my first time doing so...
OG's thread is a little sparse and the pictures are on Photobucket and no longer show up. RidFamous also has a DIY thread with the same title - much more info and the photos are still up. I've got my Z torn down pretty good and am working on the wire tuck. It gets less and less intimidating the further along I get

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote