View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 01:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanZ34 View Post
Hello fellow Z owners. My car has about 50 000km and 4th gear is starting to show wear signs such as being clunky when shifting and not being smooth.

Is there a way to bullet proof the manual transmission? I don't want to buy another OEM transmission that will fail the same way over time.

It's a street car but I'm hard on it. I like speeding and found out my car was speed limited at 240 kmh in 5th gear. Would there be a way to remove the speed limit at low cost? (The dealership is a relative and probably told the mechanic to put the limiter)

Modifications done so far:
I already have a Stage 2 clutch kit with the lightweight flywheel from Zspeed along with their CSC delete kit. GReddy GT Evolution catback exhaust and Fast Intentions HFCs are on the way. Also have a Mishimoto oil cooler kit. K&N drop-in filters with Mishimoto silicone intake tubes.

Sport and Touring package

Thanks
The only way to bullet-proof the transmission is to replace it.

You have 2 obvious choices and some not so obvious.

1. QUAIFE QBE69G with syncro on 6th
2. HOLINGER SG3 if you are not boosted and RD6 if you are

The QBE69G and SG3 will be about the same cost and the RD6 a shed-load more.

Other options is
3. TTI 6-speed sequential from New Zealand

These will not break BUT they are race transmissions and straight cut in lower gears and whine like an entitled millenial who has been separated from his mothers nipple too soon.

These options will cost the equivalent of 4-5 OEM replacement transmissions - apart from the RD6 option which will be USD20K+

Simplest solution is replace the OEM trans
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote