View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 08:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanZ34 View Post
Is it possible the clutch kit was not properly installed or adjusted and that way it would not fully disengage? But thinking of this, it should not affect the transmission but it should affect more the flywheel and shift shaft?
It doesn't sound like a clutch problem to me, but I'm no expert.

My guess is that less than perfect shifting skills is the main problem. Or it could be you got a bad synchro from the factory. But, given the reputation of the 6MT, I doubt the stoutness of the transmission is the root problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanZ34 View Post
... Would the dealership be able to "rebuild" my current transmission by replacing the synchros with OEM?
I wouldn't trust any dealership to do any out-of-warranty work. And if I can do the in-warranty work myself, I do. YMMV

I haven't rebuilt a manual transmission in quite a while and they were all much older then the 6MT (eg, Ford Toploader) but it's not a difficult job. The FSM (link in my sig) will have exploded diagrams and may have a rebuild procedure.