View Single Post
Old 01-18-2020, 09:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
POS VETT
Track Member

Drives: Z34|C4LT4|C6Z06|V25
POS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond reputePOS VETT has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite is BC Racing because it can be customized and individual pieces are measured before assembly. I'm not one for slammed look, but I want stiffer suspension (with moderate lowering) that actually work well in most driving conditions. My rule of thumb is to target lowering of about 0.5-1 inch and specify spring rates about 25-50% stiffer depending on how I want the car to behave. BC Racing will automatically adjust the damper adjustment range.

Once the kit has arrived, I check the spring preload, about 1/16-1/8" is enough. I also check the measured numbers and use the units with higher numbers for the left hand side since the car has a higher corner weight on the left side. From there, install the coilovers and adjust height. Height adjustment is a different story since it could be done in several ways. The easiest is to set the left hand coilover units slightly longer (probably about 1/8" to start) than the right hand units. The correct (more time consuming and more expensive) way is to use corner scales and to simulate the driver's weight in the driver seat.
POS VETT is offline   Reply With Quote