View Single Post
Old 01-17-2020, 02:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
I was a big Infiniti brand - I remember when a lot of magazines would tout the Infiniti for a performance car that was cheaper on price and maintenance compared to the BMW. It was always considered a solid vehicle and there are plenty of Infinitis I would be okay driving in but when it comes to Nissan - yeah I have to agree - I am not a fan at all. I hope they change things for the better.

Honestly I feel about the same when it comes to Chevy and Ford. In particular Chevy - unless we are talking about the Camaro which I respect but won’t ever look to own or the Corvette - there isn’t a Chevy I would want. Fords - I grew up with them so I guess that is why I am biased but other than a Mustang or Raptor - maybe the Focus ST or RS (which they discontinued) there isn’t one I would want either.
I feel the same about chevy and ford too. I do have a camaro & love it. I think if the blazer was 10k cheaper it would be a win. And corvette is king right now.
But in the end. Most sub premium brands fall short. Even premium brands. BMW sucks in overall quality.

If you're not buying a Benz or Audi, maybe a Lexus. Quality suffers.

But if you want performance. You look at bmw Cadillac alfa which all suffer in build quality.
Americans are getting jerked hard.

But Japan has been in the last 10 yrs what america was up until 7 yrs ago. KOREA is where Japan was and now, Germany is being taken over by Italy. Everything's changing.
Sad but true.

There was an as article I posted in the Z35 thread about the new Z. The description was underwhelming but... it has potential. It just depends if it was the writer or Nissan is underwhelmed.

I'm harsh on nissan Infiniti cuz I know how good they CAN BE. I'm sure when they rolled out the 78 camaro and 79 corvette. I'm sure those enthusiasts felt like me. Then to redesign and make the crossfire engine. After so many years of potent muscle.
This is the same thing. Just in a different capacity.