View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 10:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecioVato View Post
True - it seems like anything the auto industry puts out that is remotely interesting and gets car enthusiasts excited - its like all the dealerships are like:
'I'm sorry sir - the car at MSRP...yeah, no....we expect $5-10k more - in cash please'. UGH - I'm just sick of every car seems to be coming with ADM (such as the Civic Type R) or....the dealer isn't willing to haggle.
And worse yet, some people actually pay that premium for these. Cars like this get its 15 min of being that special, then the demand quiets down some, then next thing you know sales guys be calling potential buyers “we have one here at MSRP, do you want it?”

A buddy of mine went through this experience trying to buy a Raptor last year, dealership wanted a $5k ADM. No deal. 6 months later, called my friend back offering the same truck at MSRP, friend was like “too late, already bought something else”.

Not every car is a Porsche GT cars, where everything about them still gets appreciated after decades.