View Single Post
Old 01-16-2020, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)
drdfblackm
Base Member

Drives: 2014 370Z Sport M6
drdfblackm is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for deep tone with less drone

Ok....I am sure there are 1 million posts on what should I buy but I am looking for specifics on this one.

I will have 3" intake from Mike Upton with velocity stacks, ported upper and lower intakes, Z1 headers, Z1 test pipe and will have a tune done obviously before everything is done.

I was looking at every exhaust under the sun, I have watched countless clips on Youtube.

What would you recommend for deep tone, not much rasp, and lower highway speed drone. I will have a good stereo so a bit of drone will be tolerated.

I do like the sound of the Invidia Gemini, but again it is only from sound clips on Youtube, I have not heard any exhausts in person...I live in a smaller area where there are next to no Zs around.

Heck I even like the sound of the Borla and Magnaflow but again only clips are available. I have used several aFe/Takeda exhausts in the past so I am familiar with their quality but it appears not many use their exhaust.

Honestly at this point everything is becoming mashed together and I am not sure about any exhaust at this point. Case in point....I was about ready to get a Greddy Evolution exhaust....talked to a member and they said it droned terribly at highway speed, however he has a supercharger and maybe that makes a difference.

For me now, I have no clue. I am just looking for good solid input based on what I am putting on the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
drdfblackm is offline   Reply With Quote