View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 06:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
URBiN~HURMiT
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6MT
URBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond reputeURBiN~HURMiT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
I beg to differ seeing how I met the people how produce the AAM Competition Performance VQ37 intake manifold their quality control is actually very good and any issues with their intake manifolds they manufacture will be corrected immediately aspecially with their valued customers in the Z and G community. This intake manifold is by no means cheap either 2K+ depending on what options you want. Also don’t forget the AAM Competition Performance VQ37 intake manifold is proven to make power on our VQ37HR platform I seen this for myself on the AAM Competition dyno and supporting big power on FI set ups.
I have this manifold on my Z … they actually used my car as a test mule when they were developing it. I was without my car for an additional 9 months as a result.
I also had the unique experience of having to deal with them for the 2 years that my car was there at their shop.
It ended up being a form of never ending torture.
And, I never did get to drive my Z home from AAM because they blew my new built motor on the dyno and then sent me a bill for $5,000+ to do a leak down test and pull the heads to inspect the rings.
They didn't get my $5k and I pulled the car out of their shop - this wasn't the only shady dealings I caught them at.
Here's another one of their 'new' products that doesn't work … the Twin Fuel Pump <<< Stay away from that one too>>>
I am now finding out that the reason that they haven't posted any dyno results is because this manifold doesn't increase power, but loses it...or so I've read...and that sort of fits everything else I've come to expect from them.
To recap : I spent $2k on this manifold (ahead of time) on their glowing promises of increased performance and reliability - then lost 9 more months while my car was in their shop - then they blew the motor and tried to hide it from me - then had to pull the car out of their shop which resulted in another 2 year delay in addition to the added expense of having to start the build over again - yup another small fortune again since the heads were damaged and needed to be replaced.
Yup, I can't recommend AAM to anybody.
As far as the upper management goes … keep a close eye on your bill when dealing with them, as you will find many an error - none of which will be in your favor … overcharging and double charging were common...and it's not your imagination.
If you find Mike patting you on the back and offering you a sponsorship you can be sure he has his other hand on your wallet.
AAM used to be Altered Atmosphere Motorsports until they were run out of town due to excessive customer complaints and shady business practices. Their customer loyalty ceases to exist once the bill is paid or they realize their latest cash cow <you> has dried up.