View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 11:20 AM   #2989 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjurinko View Post
I’m new to trying to understand offset but I do plan on throwing air suspension and trying to get a tucked looked but keep getting confused by seeing all these different offsets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjurinko View Post
Hello I have 2010 370z with sport brakes will a 19x9.5 +25mm and 19x10.5 +23 Konig Ampliform rims clear the sport breaks ?

There are multiple wheel fitment threads, that you NEED to browse through at minimum. You shouldn't be buying anything until you understand offset. It is not that complicated:

The lower the offset, the farther away from the hub (mounting surface) the wheel will set. Offset is usually listed as a value next to a plus sign, like "+22", to denote a 22 offset. Hyper aggressive wheels that poke way out may get to zero or even negative numbers, showing that they are going to by far, far away from the hub.

Simple abstract diagram of the different concepts positive/zero/negative:

A more practical demonstration

The first picture, the rear wheels are 19x10.5 +12
The second picture, the rear wheels are stock Nismos, 19x10.5 +23

The combination of a lower offset and wider wheel pushes the outter edge of the wheel much closer to fender

IF you intend to go with air suspension, you need to understand that it's gonna cost thousands of dollars. You will need a MUCH more aggressive wheel spec than what you're looking at

Last edited by OptionZero; 01-14-2020 at 01:22 PM.
OptionZero is online now   Reply With Quote