View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 11:14 AM   #2988 (permalink)
DaveZ03
Base Member

Drives: '11 FairladyZ
DaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond reputeDaveZ03 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
That link is useless to his question - SPOKE DESIGN dictates brake clearance, not offset. Two wheels of the exact same offset/width may have different clearance. Good wheel mfgs will have a chart that breaks down the difference clearance options for various sizes. Crappy ones have no idea because they haven't tested anything. Call your retailer, or better, the mfg to see if they offer any assistance.
Thanks for providing clarification on my response. The link was for educational purposes, not to provide direction. I guess this wasn't something that had been discussed before....I guess he could have also called the manufacturer or a vendor to discuss this as well, but seeing as there were no responses to his question, I thought to provide a link to provide some insight and maybe get the ball rolling on a potential thought process for another member. Instead I guess I could have come across a little more aggressive and just said, SEARCH?
DaveZ03 is offline   Reply With Quote