View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 10:49 AM   #4420 (permalink)
BettyZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: A Garage Queen
BettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond reputeBettyZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm89 View Post
I talked to them today and they're convinced nothing they did (including the cleaning) would have done anything to the primary and they're saying it's a calibration issue (which no, it's pre-cat and even if there are adjustments, the car should be able to make them. plenty of cars running around here with aftermarket cats and TPs and not getting codes for the primary sensors.)

They were willing to take a look and "troubleshoot the problem" but that's where I was like no thanks. I'm not gonna get charged hourly for troubleshooting when I quite blatantly tell you there's no correlation between the front and rear O2s because the secondary sensors are disabled. I'll eventually get some new o2 Sensors (123K miles maybe it's a good idea) and I'll eventually install them. I don't need the car right now.

This is Winding Road Racing. The assumption was that they should know what they are doing, and I'll take my car to the shop based on whether it's worth my time doing it or me paying someone else to do that. Respectfully, not everyone has the ability to always do everything to the car themselves.
Very true! Always a question of time and priorities. Point I was trying to make was, two and a half years ago I was a keyboard jockey with a screwdriver, half a dozen sockets, and trouble with the concept of lefty-loosey rightie-tightie.

Now, with the invaluable help of this forum (and 1,700 hours of overtime pay) I have the tools and talent to do most things. Doesn't mean that's the path for everyone. Just want ppl to know its achievable.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk