View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 10:14 PM   #2105 (permalink)
Bman427
Base Member

Drives: 09 G37X
Bman427 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
MID Sleeves are not the complete answer. Other things will be done also. It is a crap shot with the MID wet sleeve. No doubt about it. The machine work has to be perfect. If they leave anywhere for the sleeve to go, it will move. Mazworx has Darton MID wet sleeves up and running on the VQ platform. They have been running for a while. They also make Billet blocks. Real street is using their 2JZ billet block with MID wet sleeves. Guy from Canada has been drifting with one of their VQ35DE MID blocks for 3 years. No motor issues. If anybody can get it right, Mazworx can. I have found nobody else I can trust in that department. IF it wasn't for them and their success I wouldn't even consider it.
The worst part is having no idea what you are gonna get until you fire it up. I checked my block over extremely well with a dial board gauge. The deck I couldn't get a .001 feeler gauge under a straight edge. Block literally looked perfect and turned out to be junk.

Whatever you decide, hope it works out. I know what it's like to build a solid motor with good parts and stare at the car on jack stands... so dumb.

Although I still try **** that isnt proven, lol. Like building a AWD, 72mm twin scroll rear mount, no intercooler (e85), with a 7at that every 5k unit breaks and a motor that no one can hold 25psi with.

This should end well...lmao
Bman427 is offline   Reply With Quote