View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 10:39 AM   #2098 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman427 View Post
Sleeves = 4K boat achor

Even if they are installed correctly they are going to move. Mine went out of round after 50 passes and 1500 street miles. Different motor (LS1) but still an aluminum block.

I cut a cylinder head in half to see how much material was between the water jackets and the ports. There is only about .080 of material that can be removed without weaken the integrity of the head. Not much material above each combustion chamber, definitely the weakest spot. Can only imagine what it looks like at 25psi.

Should have my block back in 6 weeks. I'm having additional supports machined in above each combustion chamber. I'll post some pics when I pick it up.

That's my contribution to the R+D instead of GoFundMe donations...lol
That is a different motor that you had trouble with and how was the block machined and with what. What sleeves were used? Was the block open deck? What was used to do the machine work for the sleeves? Not really relevant with what we are doing here. Please bring that data. No data, just means nothing. As far as the GOFUNDME, that was a joke.

Last edited by Spooler; 01-12-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote