View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 11:19 AM   #53 (permalink)
cgr406
Base Member

Drives: '14 Z Sport Tour 6M
cgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond reputecgr406 has a reputation beyond repute

As for hyrdo-locking, maybe i'm off base, but i'm not sure that it is so easily achieved. I believe one would need to pretty much submerge the entire filter for it to happen. Otherwise, if the filter is just partially submerged, that means a section of it is still exposed to the atmosphere. And considering that water is so much heavier than air, the air will be sucked in much more easily than the water. Plus, if you are driving through a puddle, you would (should) be going slow and at a low engine RPM which means low blower speed which means not a ton of flow through the filter. The less flow, the less likely the heavy water will be picked up. With that said, I would be more comfortable w/ a filter that is a bit higher off the road. Just my 2c.