View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 03:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 to 332 View Post
Are you running stock wheels or aftermarket? If the latter, are the wheels fitted with hub rings? Also, did you torque the wheels in a star pattern?
Forgestar F15's with built in hubcentric rings. Yes proper pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by g96818 View Post
Try torque it on the ground. your sports brake pistons might not be centered and pulling your rotor away from the hub so you might not have the right torque. Torque on the ground, drive around and torque again after 10 miles.
The pads were reset to full piston in position in the rotors so they'd easily go over the new rotors; therefore, the rotor was also firmly against the clean hub. I'll try re-torque nonetheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
When I worked as a mechanic years ago. We used to come across rotors that wasn't true out of the box. Put them on a brake lathe to true them up. Some would take a little, others were a total lost.

You got 2 options. True them up or take them back and get another set.
Figured on the same 2 options and shot a video over to Centric of the steering wheel shimmy. I'd like to be compensated for new rotors or the cost of having to their QC duties myself of course.