View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 02:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
DrBacon
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo
DrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond reputeDrBacon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4atatime View Post
I mean it's not like I'm filthy rich but I can afford two sets no problem. Maybe I would be better off with two sets hmm what to do what to do.
I was mostly making fun of myself, but to be honest I never had any issues with traction with decent all season tires when the car was naturally aspirated making ~335whp. If you dump the clutch and launch it of course it's going to spin, you also won't have as much grip in corners if that's a concern. If you're worried about summer tire performance in rain generally as far as I'm aware of summer tires have better rain performance than all seasons, where all seasons shine is colder temperatures.

Personally my plan is once the temperature starts warming up again is switch the tires on my nismo wheels to some summer tires then once the weather starts to get cold next winter is grab a set of cheaper (yet still nice) wheels and put my all season tires on them.
DrBacon is offline   Reply With Quote