View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 03:03 PM   #2032 (permalink)
solidus
Track Member

Drives: 15' Nismo Black 6MT
solidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond reputesolidus has a reputation beyond repute

Spooler I had read pretty extensively on this and looked back at what the 350z
guys were doing to overcome headlift. From what I got they pretty much had it figured out and people got lazy with it when ARP started with L19 and 625 studs. Their solution was tapping the block for 1/2 or 14mm studs. L19/625s carried over into VQ37 and until recently there was no real need because in the early days of VQ37 boost what we call average power now was extraordinary.
Even now I sit and think about my first 509whp tune . Right now if I set my Map 1 low boost on 93 Octane I'm damned near at 600rwhp and I feel like I'm in one of those Walmart Mobility chairs. The development is coming at us in leaps and bounds and the funny part is we're actually learning by breaking stuff at an accelerated rate. Talk to your people and see what they say about machining larger head studs, old skool is known from time to time to solve new school problems.
solidus is offline   Reply With Quote