View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 09:42 AM   #67 (permalink)
cupcakez
Track Member

Drives: 2009-7AT-Base-Coup
cupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond reputecupcakez has a reputation beyond repute

@Nik-Soho...

Hold up... Something doesn't add up here to me.
Now I'm not the smartest person when it comes to taking care of my own supercharged vehicle but I can at least see something that doesn't add up (in terms of numbers!!!) -- maybe because I'm asian? XD Just kidding, terrible asian joke on myself, I know!

But anyways...getting to the point:

You stated your boost pulley that we are using is 80mm which is equivalent to 3.15 inches when rounded up to the nearest whole number, correct?
And then you also stated that the "pulleyS behind the head unit are 82mm" which is equivalent to ~3.23 inches when rounded up to the nearest whole number. This is pretty much the stock pulleys that the stillen kit comes with on the Supercharger pulley side of things (it comes with two stock 3.2" pulleys both on the direct SC pulley and the jackshaft SC pulley.

Then you state that the calculator from Vortech people are using have things that are not taken into account so there is margin of error, but let's ignore that for now since it applies to everyone equally!

Then... you state that you are still "technically" overspinning the blower based off the calculation *BELOW* and even then, you claim for itt ostill be a very small amount of overspin

Based on what you stated above and what you inputted in this calculator, things don't add up. Either you accidentally made a mistake and put the numbers in the wrong slots or you intentionally did so, hoping nobody would notice so you could show everyone else that you are only /overspinning/ the blower by a little bit? Not sure.

Either way, the numbers are inputted incorrectly therefore this image cannot be used to prove anything!
The way it's inputted in the image above is that you are saying that your 8psi pulley is 3.23" large, and the SC sided jackshaft pulley (directly on the other side of the serpentine boost pulley) is 3.23" and that your supercharger direct pulley is 3.15 inches which means you had to have swapped out the stock 3.2" pulley for a slightly smaller pulley and put it directly behind the SC head unit (SC Direct pulley slot). But then above, you claim that your boost pulley is 80mm (which I would assume is the 8psi pulley) since you stated, by process of elimination, the "pulleyS behind the head unit: (which I would assume is two pulleys since you put an S at the end of pulley) are both 82mm (aka 3.23 inches). So whether you made a typo on accident or on purpose with the intention and hopes that nobody would catch it? Well... should be fixed for proper facts and things should add up. I kind of expect more from such a large company as yourself since you have a huge reputation on the line.

Last but not least, the image below is color coded to the above images so EVERYONE can understand which pulley is which in how you referenced them vs how it should be.

Circled Red Pulley = Jackshaft Serpentine Side -- aka, Boost Pulley as you call it

Rectangular Yellow Pulley = SC Jackshaft Side Pulley -- aka, ONE of the 3.23" pulleys you announced earlier in your posts.

Curved Boxed Blue Pulley = SC Direct Pulley -- aka, the OTHER 82mm pulley you claim to be on the car which doesn't match with the numbers you put in the calculator since you entered 3.15" for the SC direct pulley but claim that the pulley behind the head unit is 82mm??? Could you please clarify which is which for us so we can understand?

You can't claim one thing and show another! That will confuse people xD

Anyways, I hope you will able to straighten out these spaghetti numbers and make more sense of things for people to see when you want to showcase something cool!

Peace out for now~~ \o/