View Single Post
Old 01-03-2020, 09:15 AM   #194 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Fixing a few rough areas. I simply wasn't happy with a couple things. What can I say, I'm picky 🤷. Should have it all cleaned up in short order.

If you scroll back earlier in the process, you will notice metal tabs that got hammered over. The tabs were welded, seam filled, and filled again with panel bond. It looked okay... but why not get it smoothed out while I'm in there already.

The short strand fiberglass ended up drying hard as a rock. When I started sanding with my 100grit soft block, I was able to knock everything down quickly. A hard sanding block with 36/60/100 is needed to get this done correctly. I'll also need to get some skim coat Bondo to fill in pin holes. Folks at NAPA pretty much know me by name now. Good thing the store is right around the corner from Auto Dynamix (shop where I'm doing the work at).

Lastly... The tags have me

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote