View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 12:02 PM   #59 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle64b View Post
Yep, I'm 100% in agreeance on this point, I guess I was trying to diffuse the situation without knowing the exact purpose behind the comments. As long as the person who owns the build knows this, I would say that it is up to them. If they want to spin the unit 8k RPM than what it's rated and run without a filter, maybe they have the pockets for the long-term bill.

If SOHO's kit is actually running the ratio from the messaging shown, the SC would be spinning at almost 60k RPM. Seeing this gives me hope for power from my setup haha!

I would agree with you in respect to if SOHO is advertising these numbers with a different setup than your kit (i.e. pulley ratios), they should own and say that.
I guess I'm that guy. Here's what mine is spinning. I do have the 928 Super Vortech upgrade with ceramic bearings so hopefully that saves the sc. Also, running the turbo guard. I'm hoping Topgunz's new filter design will be less restrictive than the stock filter (which I'm sure it will be) and I'll go back to running a filter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20200102-084347.jpg (174.8 KB, 33 views)
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote