View Single Post
Old 12-31-2019, 02:47 AM   #1988 (permalink)
phunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370
phunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond reputephunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidus View Post
Diabel actually used rods to stabilize the cyinders. It was genius as hell. I actually copied his build with mine. How to get those rods done bothered me so much I just gave up on and went with his base build. He finished up with 771 on 100 octane. My goal was to meet his power which I'm pretty sure I've done now. Difference is he used Jun cams and I used JWTs and also he was 9:1 and I'm 10:1. That'll change sometime soon since I'm probably going to switch from the PTE 6870 to the new Comp air cooled 6871.
Are you talking about pinning the sleeves? You can get that done at pretty much any machine shop. Its a simple process, just not a DIY type thing if you dont have a the machining equipment. I have never personally had it done, but Id imagine somewhere in the 600-750$ range based on other custom machine work ive had done. It seems a bit inconsiderate of coolant flow though.