View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 10:36 PM   #1980 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman427 View Post
If you decide to go with Darton sleeves make sure you find an experienced shop to install them. I had one of the first LS1 darton blocks and had nothing but nightmares with the block. I would call Darton and ask them who can do the install correctly. Personally I'll never use sleeves again.

I dont think sleeves will fix the issue anyway. I'm having deck stanchions machined above each chamber for additional strength. My shop thinks it will handle up to 30psi. It should be done in 6 weeks, I'll post some pics.

I would be interested in knowing what is needed to use a 3.8 block...
Good luck, your gonna need it. You are in the black hole of the VQ37VHR. Let us know if it works short term and long term. I am not sure if I am going to do sleeves. I have many more questions to ask that need answers. I have 2 machine shops with Darton MID sleeve experience.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote