View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 03:28 PM   #5405 (permalink)
UNKNOWN_370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: well over 130m.p.h.
UNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond reputeUNKNOWN_370 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by VABAM View Post
Here is my on 10mm pistols.

If it is more function than form for you and if you aren't apposed to Glocks I say consider a Glock 20 or 40. I have a Glock 20 and run a factory 6" barrel in it. I Bought it before the G40 came out but I still would have gotten the G20. It gives me the option to run the stock barrel for a more compact back woods gun. If you are looking to reload 10mm then a Glock might not be the best. With full power 10mm you definitely get the Glock smile on the cases.

I'm definitely not a Glock fan boy but I can't deny Glocks functionality. My G20 has been reliable , accurate and recoil isn't bad considering its a polymer framed pistol. I got the G20 due to the lack of choice and the price of the average 10mm at the time I bought mine. I didn't really want to spend a lot on a 10mm at the time. I almost added another 10mm to my collection recently but my G20 works so well I changed my mind.
G20s go for about $550 and its long slide brother, the G40, goes for around $700.

My G20:
( Click to show/hide )

NOW, If you are looking to go more old school and want a 1911 in 10mm take a look at Rock Island Armory (not to be confused with Rock River Arms). They are based out of the Philippines and make feature packed, affordable 1911s. That other 10mm I almost bought was a Rock Island 1911. I haven't shot nor handled one so I can't speak to their quality. Reviews I have found say that they are good pistols. The only complaints I've read are the finishes sometimes are not great and/or tool marks are visible and that they definitely need time to break in. I have not seen any complaints on accuracy nor reliability once the pistol (and mags) have broken in. They have 7 models in 10mm which range from traditional style single stacks to modern style double stacks and long slide tactical/target models.

Their base model 10mm is the ROCK Ultra FS - 10mm with an MSRP of $745 but street price is looking to be around $550. IMO, considering most 10mm 1911s are well over $1k it might be worth giving RIA a chance.

Link and pic of the Rock Ultra FS:
( Click to show/hide )
Thank you for all the valuable info and your personal experience. It does help.

I thought about the G40 but yes, reloads concern me. I do purchase powerful reloaded ammo .

I did take a look see at the RIA. IRIA was .y first 1911. Great guns. But I was looking at kind of a beautiful gun. Like a Kimber, Dan Wesson or possibly even colt. Something n that family.